Re: Gate spell [CODE]

From: Thomas Arp (t_arp@mail1.stofanet.dk)
Date: 06/19/00

----- Original Message -----
From: "Mysidia" <jmhess@i-55.com>
>     Or you could just set a timer in tics on both objects at creation with
> the handy GET_OBJ_TIMER() macro -- but then you would probably want to special-
> case the message for a 'decaying' portal in limits.c and cause creating a
> new gate to close any they already have open.
>
>       -Mysid
>
> On Sun, 18 Jun 2000, Del wrote:
> > Problem is:
> > When cast, the portal can be kept there indefinite. Meaning it will
> > remain until the caster steps through.
<snip>
What I suggested were changes to the code (Tony Robbins gate/portal spell code) which already is set up to remove the portal when the timer gets to 0. The enhancement (my suggestion) would compliment that, removing the portal instantaneously when the caster steps through. It's obvious you guys didn't read the code, which is located at
http://developer.circlemud.org/1998/08/12/2333256.shtml

*hrmph*

Welcor