Re: [CODE]

From: George Greer (greerga@circlemud.org)
Date: 06/20/00

On Tue, 20 Jun 2000, Del wrote:

>"Glover, Rick I." wrote:
>>
>> Since color is a part of the "char_data", you cannot have color in the
>> character creation.  The way that I was able to do this was to add a
>> variable to the "descriptor" which will hold the color instead.  The
>> descriptor is the only thing you really have available to you until the
>> character is actually created in the last part of nanny() before you reach
>> the menu.
>>

>This is incorrect, where it sets the variables (gold, etc) in class.c
>you can set the flags for color complete.
>no extra variables or anything.

I assume you mean for the 'default' character struct, that gets set up
during the login process, you set the color? Otherwise I don't see how
you're querying a NULL pointer...

Otherwise Rick's suggestion makes more sense.  If you go for the multiple
characters per person route, it makes more sense to store that data out of
the character struct anyway.  In fact, it can vary even between person
depending on where they happen to be so maybe you don't even want to store
it but query at login like the previous mail said.

--
George Greer
greerga@circlemud.org