Re: [CODE] I hope and pray I'm not asking FAQs :(

From: Christian Duvall (chris@dp.net)
Date: 06/27/00

GET_CLASS(ch) is a macro defined in utils.h

There is no function that I know of, other than using a constant [ such as
pc_class_list ] to retreive that data. If you really wish to write one you
can, but it will probably  consist of you returning the value of
pc_class_list at GET_CLASS( ch ). :) If there is a function, it is
probably new, and I ripped all of the stock classes out of my mud and put
dynamic ones in so I can't reference anything for you.

To add races you will need to edit structs.h (adding races to the
character structures char_file_u and char_player_data. Then in Utils.h
you can make the macro
#define GET_RACE( ch )  ( ( ch )->player.race )

Then you will have to add menus, a parser, a pc_race_list, etc etc etc.
Just like classes. Look at all of the class code and you can probably
figure it out.

I hope I helped you out a little bit (which is a lot more than I get when
I ask a simple question).

_xian_