Re: Strange Crashes of Late

From: Patrick Dughi (dughi@imaxx.net)
Date: 07/12/00

On Wed, 12 Jul 2000, StormeRider wrote:

> Been getting a lot of strange crashes of late. Backtraces show like:

        For this specific crash, it looks like you're trashing your memory
stack in some serious way.  If you can handle it, I'd recommend running
the mud actually in gdb till you can get a valid set of information - or
at least some idea where to start looking.

        As far as info for debugging a mud, I don't think there's many
sources out there with that in mind.  You can probably just read the gdb
man pages, or ddd if you're using that, or whatever it is.. i'm sure
there's an all-inclusive man page and many associated html pages on the
net for your compiler of choice.

        Programs are programs, and doesn't matter if it's a mud or a word
processor, they are all debugged in the same way.

                PjD