Re: [CODE] extra object flags

From: Torgny Bjers (tb@sbbs.se)
Date: 07/12/00

Re: extra object flags

>There are a couple of ways to deal with this. If you have time, and a
>LOT of patience, you could install the 128 bit patch available from
>circle's FTP site, which would let you break through the 32
>bit "wall" in all of the arrays. This is very tedious, and I'm
>ashamed to say I didn't finish it before I gave up:-(
>The other thing you could do, is to edit you OLC files (depending on
>which version) and add the ability to set your new flags. Just copy
>the existing setup for ITEM_x flags in oedit.c and (again, depending
>on which version) in your olc.h file.
>It took me a little while to figure out what I was doing wrong when I
>tried to do it that way, but I finally figured it out.
>Hrmm... maybe someone should write a snippet on how to do that...
>*hint, hint*
>
>-FIRE

What I did to solve it temporarily was to use a macro and bunch up all the
magic users in IS_MAGI_TYPE and so forth, and it works fine for now.  I
looked briefly in oedit.c and oasis.h before I wrote this, but couldn't find
anything there, I will look there again, more carefully this time since I
obviously missed it.

Kind Regards,
Torgny Bjers (Artovil)