Re: [SCRIPT] DG Scripts

From: Mark A. Heilpern (mark@heilpern.com)
Date: 08/01/00

At 01:52 PM 7/31/00 +0200, you wrote:
>From: "Peter Ajamian" <peter@pajamian.dhs.org>
>Subject: Re: [CIRCLE] [SCRIPT] DG Scripts
>

> > Thomas Arp wrote:
> > Actually, %nextplr.next_in_room% returns nothing, an empty string, as in
> > the above example.  "%nextptr.netxt_in_room%" returns "".
>
>Which is what I wrote..

There is a huge difference between a script containing
two dbl-quotes ("") and that being seen in a C program.
The quotes used in a script are taken literally, while when
used within C they denote a NULL string. Thus, in a script,
comparing the following:

         if (%nextptr.next_in_room% == "")

when there is no next_in_room, is literally comparing a null
string to two dbl-quotes. On the other hand, comparing:

         if ("%nextptr.next_in_room%" == "")

is the proper comparison, as in the empty case, it compares
dbl-quotes to dbl-quotes.

Offsubject --- Tony, I haven't falled from the face of the earth,
but I'm incredibly busy and in fact haven't done a single thing
with DG Script code in months. It's likely that I'm going to have
to turn this project over to someone, if it doesn't get taken from
me (read: picked up) first.