Re: [CODE] Crashes during affect_update in comm.c

From: Torgny Bjers (tb@sbbs.se)
Date: 08/07/00

From: Daniel A. Koepke <dkoepke@california.com>

>On Mon, 7 Aug 2000, Torgny Bjers wrote:
>
>> Whenever I cast the spell, ORB as I called it, it works properly as far
as I
>> have seen when playing with it, but when the spell wears off, the server
>> crashes in affect_update (which is stock code, of course) here is a snip
of
>> the spell ORB from magic.c, under mag_affects:
>
>Have you added a spell wear off message in the spell_wear_off_msg array
>located in constants.c?  It's indexed by spell number af->type, which is
>the number of the spell that caused the effect.
>
>-dak

---snip---
  "Your limbs losen and you can move again!",
  "Your magical orb flickers and fades away."
  "!UNUSED!"
};
---snip---

That's the end of my spell_wear_off_msg ...

Hrmhrm... Ok, Daniel, thank you. :)))) I had forgotten to add one measly
little spell in there, and I am sure that it will work now!  It was supposed
to be above the two from this snippet.  Thank you for reminding me, and
thank you for your swift reply!

Regards,
/Torgny