Re: [CODE] Just a thought

From: The Merciless Lord of Everything (serces@mud.dk)
Date: 08/10/00

On Thu, 10 Aug 2000, Christian Loth wrote:

> Another solution might be using XML, as the standard which seems
> to evolve as the x-platform standard for data storage. However,
> writing a good XML-parser is not a trivial task.
That depends on the system you're running on :) No seriously, you're right
XML-Parsing isn't just another trivial Task, But with embedding perl into
the code it should be possible to use the Modules that Perl provides, here
is amongst other things, a big library of XML Parsers and Writers.

but having Worldfiles (that is .wld|.obj|.mob|.zon) in XML would be
somewhat cool methinks, playerfiles I'd rather store in a SQLdb of sorts
(be that oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL or other).  PlayerObjectfiles on the
other hand I'm still in doubt of.

/Serces

Sir Alec Guinness
 - May the force be with you, Always!