Re: [BUFFER] Bufffer overflow

From: Peter Ajamian (peter@pajamian.dhs.org)
Date: 08/12/00

Peter Ajamian wrote:
> Shane Lee wrote:
> >
> > Hrmm, that sound's cool. Got a snippet or just some generic tips on
> > how I could do the same?
> > I got cheesy and coded checks in all the imm commands that allowed
> > overflows and segmentation faults (i.e. "Sorry, you can't access more
> > than 200 vnums at the same time" when someone types 'olist 1 9999').
> > Problem was, I had to chase them all down. That really sucked:P
>
> I'm working on a snippet right now, I'll post it up to the list in a few
> minutes when I'm done with it.

Well, apparently the snippet is too long to post to the list so I'll
just submit it to Ceramic Mouse (probably what I should have done
anyways).  I'll send a copy of the snippet to those who have expressed
interest directly.  If anyone else would like it right away drop me an
email and I'll send it to you.

Regards, Peter