Re: dg scripts questions

From: Shane Lee (mudmaster@Randor.zzn.com)
Date: 08/12/00

---- Begin Original Message ----

From: Nick Gawronski <nick@blkbox.com>
Sent: Sat, 12 Aug 2000 16:13:17 -0500
To: CIRCLE@post.queensu.ca
Subject: Re: [CIRCLE] dg scripts questions

      Hi, What would I need to do to make a command in dg scripts
called
talk that would let people talk to mobs.  Where can I find more
information about dg scripts and how to write them?  bye

Nick Gawronski the chihuahua eater, http://www.blkbox.com/~nick now
includes sound and audio content still being worked on but it is still
good.

---- End Original Message ----

I assume that you mean carry on an intelligent conversation with
MOBs. DGScripts are very awesome and usefull, but they are limited in
their scope.
The only way for your MOBs to truly interact with your PCs is to
write specific MobProgs for each individual task. Of course, you
could try adding a 'bot' to your MUD, I've heard of one that was
built for TinyMUSH and was later re-written for SMAUG, but have never
had the pleasure of meeting one (I think:P).
Bots connect to the MUD the same way your normal PC connects, and
thus are almost undetectable except by immortals (they show up on the
WHO) who stat them.
Good luck:-)

-FIRE