Re: [Windows] Can't connect to port 4000 from the outside

From: Patrick Dughi (dughi@imaxx.net)
Date: 08/14/00

> Sorry if this has been answered before, I couldn't find the answer in the
> archives.
>
> I compiled the latest Circle under MSVC++ 6 and everything worked fine.
> I can connect via localhost, but when I try to connect from somewhere
> else to port 4000, it won't connect.  I removed the warning and ran it
> on port 23 and then I was able to connect.  I assume this is some
> network thing under Windows but I can't find anything about it.  Any
> ideas and pointers to other problems I may encounter with Windows?

        Well, depending on your network setup, you may not be allowed to
connect to any given port.  Most companies setup their firewalls so that
connections on ports other than 23,25,80,110/111 and a few others don't
work.  That's the first thing to pop in my head, though there's many
potential problems.

                                PjD