spec prog problem

From: Alex Mann (alex4501@hotmail.com)
Date: 08/15/00

Hi
I have been having some problems with my newer spec progs, I added the tour
guide spec prog from the developer site, and a town cryer function which I
wrote myself. I have added them to spec_progs.c and assigned them in
spec_assign.c, I also set the relavent mobs with the spec tags. However the
spec progs don't seem to do anything, is there anything else I need to do,
something I have missed etc. I have included the code for my towncryer prog.

Chears
Alex Mann

www.naryan.co.uk

SPECIAL(town_cryer)
{
  if (cmd)
    return (0);

  switch (number(0, 60)) {
  case 0:
    do_gen_comm(ch, "Hear Ye, Hear Ye, The Broken Sword is a great place to
hang out.", 0, SCMD_HOLLER);
    return (1);
  case 1:
    do_gen_comm(ch, "Hear Ye, Hear Ye, Many Items are only available in
Thalos.", 0, SCMD_HOLLER);
    return (1);
  case 2:
    do_gen_comm(ch, "Hear Ye, Hear Ye, The God's are displeased not enough
people a playing regulary.", 0, SCMD_HOLLER);
    return (1);
  case 3:
    do_gen_comm(ch, "Hear Ye, Hear Ye, a large pack of wolves has taken up
residence in Blackheart forest.", 0, SCMD_HOLLER);
    return (1);
  default:
    return (0);
  }