Re: Somehacked their imp...

From: Mike Stilson (mstilson@home.com)
Date: 08/18/00

On Fri, Aug 18, 2000 at 10:49:53AM -0400, Bobby L. Russ wrote:
>         If you know their name, then there are a few good ways.  I have
> two things that I use for trouble makers.  I have one function called
> pwipe which will set the player to be deleted and another called xname to
> prevent that name from logging back in.  Xname I got from the Ceramic
> Mouse and pwipe was done by my friend Felix (with some minor modifications
> by myself).
>
>         Bobby
>
> On Fri, 18 Aug 2000, Alex Mann wrote:
>
> > Hi
> >
> > Someone hacked my implementor password and got access to my char, they then
> > advanced thier own player to imp level and caused havoc, I have managed to
> > get control back and changed the passwords, but I can't use set level to
> > demote thier levels, because the have imp level chars. Is there a way around
> > this and whats the best way to remove thier chars altogether, there doesn't
> > seem to be individual pfile which can be removed. Any help in the matter
> > appricitated.
> >
> > Blademaster
> > www.naryan.co.uk

Another way (small security hole if you lose your imp again, but..)
just modify the command routines (such as set(), etc) and make them
something like "GET_IDNUM(ch) == 1" to the if() for the level checks.

I did that to most of the commands, then in return, made sure the commands
couldn't be done to ID=1 by anyone else.

Good way to fire those pesky imps that you don't like anymore.