Re: [CODE] Oasified version of CLANEDIT

From: Robert Moon (LegalWriter@msn.com)
Date: 08/18/00

----- Original Message -----
From: "Alex Mann" <alex4501@HOTMAIL.COM>
Sent: Friday, August 18, 2000 3:03 AM
> Someone hacked my implementor password and got access to my char, they
then
> advanced thier own player to imp level and caused havoc, I have managed to
> get control back and changed the passwords, but I can't use set level to
> demote thier levels, because the have imp level chars. Is there a way
around
> this and whats the best way to remove thier chars altogether, there
doesn't
> seem to be individual pfile which can be removed. Any help in the matter
> appricitated.

One thing you may wish to implement not only for this particular instance
but for all future problems is add a condition to all functions that check
if your level is <= the level of the target for failure purposes.  You may
wish to modify your conditions from:

if (GET_LEVEL(actor) <= GET_LEVEL(target))
  send_to_char("You may not affect those of equal or higher level than
you./r/n", actor);

And change it to:

if (GET_LEVEL(actor) <= GET_LEVEL(target) && GET_IDNUM(actor) != 1)
  send_to_char("You may not affect those of equal or higher level than
you./r/n", actor);

This assures that the player who has the idnum of 1 (the first character
ever created in the database and presumably the big cheese
owner/implementor) will always be able to affect everyone else in the
game -- even those who somehow have a level higher than numero uno.

Of course, this only works if the player with the idnum of 1 is still the
big cheese.  You will have to work around this flaw if your circumstances
are different.  Good luck.

--Rob.