Re: EXP. Formula

From: The Merciless Lord of Everything (serces@mud.dk)
Date: 08/20/00

On Thu, 17 Aug 2000, Jason Pullara wrote:

> I was wrong, I have no good formula, right now its "level * 10"
Hm, it all comes down to what you *think* you want to do :), there are no
"right" solution for this, I decided at some point that it had to be
possible to make this into some sort of formula, so I set down to figure
out some criteria.

1.) It should be harder for each level, ie, the curve should be steeper
2.) All classes should not be alike.

This set down, it was more or less a jiff from there, Setup the
classdifference depending on how hard you wish a class to be, Our forumla
ended up being:

(level * level * 20 * class_modifier)

That and some more functions around it (to figure out the gap between
levels, and so on. :) and it worked like a charm.

Hope it helps

/Serces

Sir Alec Guinness
 - May the force be with you, Always!