Re: [BUILDING]

From: Sammy (samedi@ticnet.com)
Date: 08/20/00

From: "Patrick Dughi" <dughi@IMAXX.NET>
Sent: Sunday, August 20, 2000 2:03 AM

>         Congrats! Not to demean the concept of a marriage, but if I were
> newlywed, I'd be doing something other than coding. Least, for a while.

It's a good excuse for now, but later I'll have to find another one.

>         If you find a deal on shelves, tell me.  I'm running out of
> real estate to pack my library in, though milk crates strapped together
> with quick-ties seem to work okay.  Portable too, in a cinch.

For the most cost-effective spouse-approved storage, walmart sells a 6' case
that comes down to $30-35 at times.

> ObCircle:
>
>         Bleh. I hate lex/yacc, but mostly because the resultant code is
> human-unreadable, and worse, I had to do it in Scheme. Damn the purple
> wizard book.
>
>         Do we _really_ have to use them for tokenizers?  We're not
> developing a whole complex scripting thing really, just a minor
> tweaky-sort of thing.  Really, if anyone is going to alter the inital
> file, it's because they've created a module of their own, and that means
> that they probably have enough skill to manipulate a more stoodgy, fixed,
> file format.  Sides, it's an easier transition from what I suspect will be
> a rather non-config-file dependant first release :)

I mentioned lex/yacc mainly because I thought that would be preferred by real
coders.  I'm just a hack, so my hack of a parser would probably look a lot
like early versions of obuild.  I suppose if a hack can cover most of the
popular patches and snippets, it wouldn't need to be modified.

Sam