Re: undeclared

From: Dana Luther (dtluther@mindspring.com)
Date: 08/23/00

-----Original Message-----
From: Matthew Kuebbeler <flawed@SOUTHWIND.NET>
---snip---

>Afternoon everyone,
>    I recently set up a circle30bpl17 version compiled it and
>eveything went well.. Until I decided to add a class.
>I got a hold of a Adding class.txt of the ftp site (by Rikard Bdckman)
>and followed his instructions. When I finished and did  a make clean,
>followed by a make I got the following:
>
>shop.c: in function `is_ok_char`:
>shop.c: 144 `TRADE_KNIGHT` undeclared (first use this function)
>shop.c: 144 (each undeclared identifier is reported only once
>shop.c: 144 for each function it appears in)
>
>This I dont understand at all. I've gone back through to the
>is_ok_char funtion and spent a long time making sure it matches
>up correctly. Could anyone offer some suggestions?
>
>Matt

in shops.h you should have had something like this as stock:

#define MAX_TRADE 5 /* List maximums for compatibility */

#define TRADE_NOGOOD  (1 << 0)
#define TRADE_NOEVIL  (1 << 1)
#define TRADE_NONEUTRAL  (1 << 2)
#define TRADE_NOMAGIC_USER (1 << 3)
#define TRADE_NOCLERIC  (1 << 4)
#define TRADE_NOTHIEF  (1 << 5)

Did you add the definition of TRADE_KNIGHT  here? Since its saying that
TRADE_KNIGHT is undeclared, this would be the first place I would check.