Re: [code] Looking for:

From: Shay (shay@enetis.net)
Date: 08/26/00

At 07:00 PM 8/25/2000 Friday, you wrote:
>Currently Im running circlemudbpl17.
>Im looking to add in an introduction system which only store
>so many names a character can remember before they forget the
>person.
>With this Im looking to add with it, short descs, and long descs.
>ex: A short, fat warrior (short)
>     A short, fat warrior scans the area for trouble. (long)
>if you know the person:
>    Bob, a short, fat warrior is (get_position).
>
>Problem with this is I have absolutly no idea what to do. Im wondering
>if anyone else has been successful in adding anything like this with the
>bpl17 version. As to whenever I seem to add something new, I get errors
>because (I assume) what I am adding is too old and needs some tweaking to
>make it work.
>
>If possible, can someone whos done this before, direct me to where they
>got what they used?

Your looking for a design that allows for Matrix's, from what I gather.  Not
a simple task, even with Ascii.  Even with short term memory, you would need
some sort of array that stores recall variables for each individual, cross
referenced
with, again, each individual.  ie. a matrix.   If you get this working, Id
love to
see it.

Course, If im mistaken in your idea, just ignore me... ;)  or others.. hehehe..

Gothic