Re: ANSI COLOR,

From: Blaize (garath@fl.freei.net)
Date: 08/31/00

>is there anyway that i would be able to set up my circlemud so that all
>users that come on automaticly have color set to complete, so that way i
>can use manual color codes to make the greeting colorfull, and i could
>use manual color codes on the class selection and race selection to make
>it more cosmetic? would i need a special color code patch for this?
>
>Thankz
> Ryan

If you are using manual color codes in the write_to_output function,
this should work:
change
if (t->character != NULL && COLOR_ON(t->character))
if (t->character == NULL || COLOR_ON(t->character))

remember, if they are using telnet, this may make them see garble
characters,
so what i would suggest is to add a color tag to the descriptor struct, and
ask them if they want
color before character creation, if they do, turn it on, and if its turned
on, send colors.  This wouldn't
let you have colors in the greetings, but it wouldn't send garble characters
to telnet.

--Blaize