Re: Querying Telnet for ANSI Color and other attributes.

From: [m]ike (mfara@bellatlantic.net)
Date: 09/02/00

Actually, I think there are only a few clients that may support this, if
any. There are also alot of MUD clients out there such as zMUD, G-MUD, and
many others which will not deal with this kind of information. If you do
find any telnet clients that do it, maybe you could direct players to use it
since the MUD, theoretically, would function with it. I think that the best
bet though would be to still let players configure this on their own. Then
if by some chance a universal protocol does appear that all telnet clients
share, or you find one for your players, it would not be hard to convert the
existing system to this function. Atleast, that is what I would do :)