do_say

From: Matthew Kuebbeler (flawed@southwind.net)
Date: 09/04/00

Heres yet another preoblem I am having. For some odd reason whenever the
say command is used, you get a return like this.

You tell the group, 'whatever you type'

and now this is what I have for my do_say

ACMD(do_say)
{
  skip_spaces(&argument);

  if (!*argument)
    send_to_char("Yes, but WHAT do you want to say?\r\n", ch);
  else {
    delete_doubledollar(argument);
    sprintf(buf, "You say, '%s'\r\n", argument);
    act(buf, FALSE, ch, 0, 0, TO_ROOM);

    if (!IS_NPC(ch) && PRF_FLAGGED(ch, PRF_NOREPEAT))
      send_to_char(OK, ch);
    else {
      sprintf(buf, "You tell the group, '%s'\r\n", argument);
      send_to_char(buf, ch);
    }
  }
}

Ive tried changing the last few lines around to:
    sprint(buf, "You say, '%s'\r\n, argument);

and then some a test char to see if both the imm and char receive the
correct output and only the test char sees the message, not the room.
I dont follow why this is, as the act.comm.c file is still all stock.