Re: [OLC] [Dig Command]

From: George Greer (greerga@circlemud.org)
Date: 09/07/00

On Wed, 6 Sep 2000, Ryan Corbett wrote:

[...]
>>     case 'ne':
>>     case 'NE':
[...]
>>     case 'nw':
>>     case 'NW':
[...]
>>     case 'se':
>>     case 'SE':
[...]
>>     case 'sw':
>>     case 'SW':
[...]
>> act.wizard.c:3044: warning: multi-character character constant
>> act.wizard.c:3044: warning: case value out of range
>> act.wizard.c:3045: warning: multi-character character constant
>> act.wizard.c:3045: warning: case value out of range
[...]

You cannot have strings in a character expression ''.  You get one letter
or a backslash and a letter or a backslash and 3 numbers, or some other
things, but not strings.

This will happen to work with GCC and some architectures but you're out of
the language's specification so it could play "Mary had a little lamb" on
your speaker and then execute /usr/games/nethack during compilation.

>I am Almost POSITIVE that include olc.h in the file will fix the
>OLC_SAVE_ROOM, as it did on mine,

Probably.

--
George Greer