Re: [NEWBIE] OLC

From: Zeavon (zeavon@kilnar.com)
Date: 09/27/00

On Wed, 27 Sep 2000, Chris Hamilton wrote:

> I know this may be a really stupid question, but I have a MUD running
> Circle3.0bpl17 and it informs me that OLC is not yet implemented.

It hasn't been. You have to use an OLC from a third party like Obuild from
Sammy or OasisOLC from George Greer.

> From the CircleMUD FTP server I found OasisOLCv2.0-bpl17.tar... I'm
> wondering if this will allow me to use OLC in my MUD.

Yes.

> My concern is that it seems like this will wipe out my existing files
> because the readme file tells me to replace the existing source files
> with the ones found in the tar file... is there any way I can import
> OLC without losing the fair amount of changes I have made to the
> original CircleMUD code already?

Read a little further and you will find that a patch does come with the
tarball. You'll want to patch your current code with the provided
patchfile. If you are feeling especially lazy, lucky or daring, then you
can use 'patch' (man patch) to "automatically" add the patch to your code.

I would suggest that you patch the code in by hand. If you're not sure how
to do this, then search the archives of the mailing list. I'm sure that
there are more than a few posts on how to do this.

--
Zeavon Calatin, MageMaster of the Realms
Spear of Insanity