Re: [SYSTEM-LINUX] Slackware socklen_t compiling issue

From: Stefan Jakobsson (stefan@jerry.katrinet.se)
Date: 10/05/00

On Thu, 5 Oct 2000, Daniel A. Koepke wrote:

> > Well, I kinda doubt that this is your problem but it may be worth
> > looking into anyways.  When you run ./configure it re-creates Makefile
> > from Makefile.in so if you made changes to Makefile but didn't change
> > Makefile.in then by running ./configure you essentially erased those
> > changes.  As a rule of thumb, always make changes to Makefile.in and
> > re-run ./configure to update Makefile, never just make a chage to
> > Makefile and forget about it.
>
> I believe the problem was a failure to update conf.h.in to correspond with
> the changed configure script.  I could be wrong, though.  This was just
> what I gleaned from a later e-mail from Melissa.

There is of course the possibility that the host she uses runs a Slackware
release earlier than Slackware 7. Before that release, glibc was NOT part
of the Slackware dist. At least as far as I can remember.

Reg, Stefan

  "I don't have a life, I have a program"
                       --  The Doctor, 'Voyager, Stardate: 49101.3'