Re: Obsolete FTP stuff

From: Mysidia (jmhess@i-55.com)
Date: 10/16/00

On Mon, 16 Oct 2000, George Greer wrote:

> Here's the list of obsolete stuff on the FTP site Edward J. Glamkowski sent
> me a long time ago.  They have one month (or so) to live unless someone
> says there isn't anything newer.  I haven't decided if we'll delete it or
> make an 'obsolete' directory.  I'll have to listen to opinions on that,
> especially from Alex.

    Best to just stuff it in an obscure '.obsolete' or 'Attic' dir if the
disk space can be afforded -- unless the only differences between the
obsoletes and the current is of stability {bugfixes}, ie: no functional
differences; otherwise some might prefer the behavior of the obsoletes of
whatever to that of the stuff 'obsoleting' it in some cases and want to
use the obsolete as a reference in reverting the behavior without
introducing fixed bugs, or somesuch.

-Mysid the insane