[LINUX] Slackware and Core Dumps

From: Melissa Jadwinski (meersan@earthlink.net)
Date: 11/01/00

I recently moved my Circlebpl17 mud from a Red Hat host to a Slackware one.
 Everything has gone fine, except that now when the mud crashes it doesn't
ever seem to leave a core.  Because a core is quite useful when I'm trying
to fix crash bugs, I would like to figure out why this lack-of-core is
happening and correct it.  My initial investigations in the mailing list
archives mentioned that I should check ulimit, which I did ....

velocity:~/shameless$ ulimit -a
core file size (blocks)  unlimited
data seg size (kbytes)   unlimited
file size (blocks)       unlimited
max memory size (kbytes) unlimited
stack size (kbytes)      8192
cpu time (seconds)       unlimited
max user processes       256
pipe size (512 bytes)    8
open files               1024
virtual memory (kbytes)  2105343

All of this looks fine to me, but maybe I should be looking at something
else.  Can someone point me in the right direction?  I would really
appreciate it.

Thanks,
Melissa Jadwinski/meer@earthlink.net