Re: [LINUX] Slackware and Core Dumps

From: Caniffe (caniffe@caniffe.org)
Date: 11/01/00

Secondly, recent version of Redhat run MD5 passwords.  Slackware's
version of crypt is a little weird; the mud WILL crash when trying to log
in a character hashed with MD5 passwords from other systems.  Installing
the DES-crypt addon for Slackware 7+ resolves this problem, but on some
setups is less desirable.

This is through my experiences - I cannot say it happens on all systems,
but everyone I've tried that's Slackware 7.0 or 7.1 dies when using MD5
passwords.  DES is the only solution I've found.

--
Julian "Caniffe" Buckley
http://www.caniffe.org