Re: [SYSTEM] [NEWBIE] oh boy, i made a boo boo

From: Bobby L. Russ (russ@eng.usf.edu)
Date: 11/02/00

That is a windows issue.  You need to remove/change the program that
handles the .c extension.  Depending on what version of windows you are
using, you will need to go to slightly different places.  You will need to
try and find something that says file types. :-)  If you need more
assistance, feel free to email me.

Bobby

On Thu, 2 Nov 2000, Kyle Hopkins wrote:

> Ok, well I downloaded the cricelmud code and am all ready to get my host and
> set it up so that peeps can start to play my mud right? well I didn't have a
> program on my computer atm that let me see .c files so i decided to open
> them using wordpad so that I could look at the code and maybe start to edit
> it. Well now I got the program to read .c programs from my friend so I
> delited the folder that had all the stuff in it and re-unzipped it but all
> the .c files were still being viewed with wordpad. I can't seem to figure
> out a way to get them to be opened using my C++ program... am I totally
> screwed here or does it matter that the files are viewed in wordpad? will
> the changes i make using wordpad still affect the code? can I change this?
> please help me out here, I feel really silly about this.
>
> -Kyle

Bobby L. Russ, Engineering Computing

"Keyboard not Found.  Press F1 to Continue"