Re: Loading characters-

From: Peter Ajamian (peter@pajamian.dhs.org)
Date: 12/24/00

RJ Bean wrote:

> When attempting to log into a character that has already been made, like-
> not making a new character.  It crashes when the player selects '1' from the
> menu, right before game_play.  I've narrowed it down to the
> save_char(d->character, NOWHERE); statement under case '1': of CON_MENU.
> The save_char calls then calls char_to_store(ch, &st); which eventually
> calls affect_to_char(ch, &st->affected[i]);

Learn to use your debugger, it's your friend.  if your environment gives
you a core dump then you can load that into the debugger and examine it
there.  Otherwise you can run the MUD in the debugger and you will be
able to tell where it crashes as well as examine relevent variables,
etc.  Check the archives and the developer's site for more info.

Regards, Peter