Re: Offline editor.

From: Patrick Dughi (dughi@imaxx.net)
Date: 12/26/00

> Patrick Dughi wrote:
> >
> >         The part I'm questioning though is how to write the configuration
> > file.  Right now I'm torn between two types:  c-style or markup-style

        I've gotten alot of suggestions as to how to make up a
configuration file, and while they are all very interesting in their own
aspects, i think i've got one..

summary:

C-style
         cut & paste from code  vs. confusion the similarities cause
Markup
        nothing exciting, same as lisp (see below)
lisp
        same as markup, only easier parsing and automatic paren lineups
perl
        because it looks like perl ? (since it's just an appareance, not
an actual perl data structure, i'm not sure what i'd gain from this -
though it does get me thinking)
..

        But the winner is; windows ini style.

        Why? Because windows already has the library to easily parse
ini-type files. I'm lazy.

        Lemme write up a decent description of the forseen required for a
scripting language to describe the formats of files, and the interface
itself (perhaps two languages is a better way to say it).  Then you guys
can poke holes in that.  Probably going to take a day or 3 to figure that
out though, if ever.

                                                PjD