Re: CircleMUD.Net

From: Peter Ajamian (peter@pajamian.dhs.org)
Date: 12/26/00

George Greer wrote:

> On Tue, 26 Dec 2000, Peter Ajamian wrote:
>
> >George Greer wrote:
> >>
> >> I'm busy coding on the mudreg.cgi script right now, so anyone wanting
> >> feature should speak up very soon.  Currently, this is what I'm doing:
> >
> >How about *.mymud.circlemud.net entries?
>
> See point #4, which you snipped.
>
> >> 4) Possibly MX/NS record support, but unless people _really_ want it,
> >> I'll work on the developer site replacement later tonight
> >> instead. (Currently, if you need an MX record, you can use a CNAME to
> >> an A record with one.)

I saw that, I'm referring to simple * entries, such as the following...

rhudin                  IN A        64.32.50.81
*.rhudin                IN A        64.32.50.81

Of Course I'd like MX/NS entries as well, but I was just asking about
the type of entry discussed before that you failed to mention.

> I'd still rather give 'developer.circlemud.org' a make-over.  It needs it
> more than sub-domains, I believe.

Well, I'd like to see the sub-domains flexibility improved, but it's
entirely up to you.  I'm only giving my wish-list and ideas.

Another quick question...

> 1) Testing every single entry to make sure they're up.  If not, they get
> marked 'inactive' which keeps the entry but removes all services for it.

What qualifies as "up"?  Does it have to return a ping, or does it have
to have a MUD running on it, or ?

Regards, Peter