Re: i (spec_proc stuff)

From: Michael Gallagher (m_gally@hotmail.com)
Date: 12/28/00

>Ob Circle: (did I do that right?!?)
>I was about to release a snippet on manually adding spec_procs
>dynamically. Basically, I created a command that uses ASSIGNMOB
>to assign various (determined by user) spec_procs to any MOB
>in the game.
>After giving it some thought, I realized it wouldn't be much use
>to anyone if the stupid thing doesn't save during reboots/crashes,
>so I was wondering if anyone out there had any suggestions on how
>to force circle to keep these assignments, without the need for
>hard-coding each individual assignment.
>Note, I am not asking for code, only a general suggestion, or maybe
>a pointer to some code where this sort of thing has been done before.

Why not write them to file and read them on boot, that way they can
be set in the game, but also saved to a file. It's a good idea if
you have a lot of special procedures which can be duplicated to
other mobs. Personally i think anything that brings special procedures
closer to dgscripts in ease of use (without taking away it's power to do
almost anything) can't be a bad thing.

Subliminal
Head Coder/Implementor of Star Trek: First Contact MUD
www.stfmud.com