Re: [CODE] do_dig modifications for OasisOLC

From: Daniel A. Koepke (dkoepke@circlemud.org)
Date: 01/08/01

On Mon, 8 Jan 2001, Peter Ajamian wrote:

> If you want builders to be able to use dig dig to change existing exits
> this is where you would put in a check like the following...

I would also remove the code to set the exit's general description and
keyword to NULL, since you'll lose reference to the strings allocated
there if you use 'dig' to redirect.  CREATE uses calloc(), which will zero
out the memory for you anyway (and NULL is 0).  You could also free the
strings if they're already allocated and then set them to NULL, but I
don't particularly like that idea since that means your builder could lose
an exit's description by making a typo with the 'dig' command.

BTW, the original poster shouldn't stress over so many messages over his
code.  At least he's putting something back into the community, and it's a
lot better than citing copyright law.  So, really, thanks to him, and
thanks to everyone else for helping him.

-dak