Re: Another Romance Fix

From: George Greer (greerga@circlemud.org)
Date: 01/14/01

On Sun, 14 Jan 2001, Craig Cooney wrote:

>else if (PARTNER(ch) != GET_NAME(victim)) {
>
>Change the else if to look like like this instead:
>
>else if (*PARTNER(ch) != *GET_NAME(victim)) {

I'm going to assume PARTNER works like FIGHTING since I haven't seen the
code and that would make the most sense.

Ideally you would use the 'id' number everything has like:

else if (GET_IDNUM(PARTNER(ch)) != GET_IDNUM(victim)) {

Your change is probably referencing pfile_pos:

struct char_data {
   int pfilepos;                         /* playerfile pos */
   [...]

Unless PARTNER returns the GET_NAME of the specified person, which doesn't
make much sense because that's what 'id' is for.