Re: Color

From: Sammy (samedi@ticnet.com)
Date: 01/15/01

On Mon, 15 Jan 2001 08:29:26 -0600, Patrick Dughi wrote:

>        Could just get one of those plastic keyboard overlay things with
>the shift/control codes written below each button, like they used to
>distribute with every software application way back.

Paint is much more fun, and fits every keyboard.

>> There's a complete tcp/ip stack and basic internet applications fot
>> the 64 floating around on the web somewhere.  What better use for that
>> old workhorse than a dedicated mud terminal?  Those of us unfortunate
>> enough to be lacking a 64 can fire up an emulator to do our mudding.
>
>                'Dedicated mud terminal'.
>
>                huh. Okay. I'm scared now.

Scary, but marketable.  I've known several families that would
definitely benefit from having the die-hard mudder(s) in the house off
the real computers for a while.  Then the pc's can be used for
"serious" applications, like Starcraft.

>        Sides, I've not got a c64, but i've got 2 apple IIe's and an apple
>IIGS (with 256k extra memory, for a total of 768k!).  And a brace of wyse
>terms.

Are you fishing for sympathy?

ObCircle:

A month and a half ago I asked for suggestions for improving the ascii
pfiles patch[1] and didn't get any responses.  I'd like to reiterate
that request.  I never realized what an awful patch it was until I
decided to try hand-patching it.  In over two years nobody mentioned
it.  Go figure.  I'm trying to make it as easy as possible to install
and use, so you guys don't have to spend so much time supporting it ;)

Sam

[1]

http://post.queensu.ca/cgi-bin/listserv/wa?A2=ind0011&L=circle&P=R16894