Re: [CODE][BUG] in circle3.0bpl17 stock

From: Juliano Ravasi Ferraz (jferraz@linkway.com.br)
Date: 01/22/01

Hi!

Jennifer Harless wrote:

> I think I know what he's talking about.  It happened to me, for
> example, after I installed the abbrevs.txt snippet from the ftp
> site.

Angus51 said that he compiled a *stock* CircleMUD 3.0 bpl17.

>  When a mortal (I never tried NPCs) tried to send a tell using
> a shortened name (e.g. "tell ande Look, I'm sending a tell") the
> MUD would respond that the user doesn't exist, even though ande
> is a shortened form of my character name Andelana.

To right way to fix this is going to handler:c, function
get_player_vis(), about line 940, and change:

 struct char_data *get_player_vis(struct char_data * ch, char *name, int
inroom)
 {
   struct char_data *i;

   for (i = character_list; i; i = i->next) {
     if (IS_NPC(i))
       continue;
     if (inroom == FIND_CHAR_ROOM && i->in_room != ch->in_room)
       continue;
-    if (str_cmp(i->player.name, name)) /* If not same, continue */
+    if (!is_abbrev(name, i->player.name)) /* If not abbrev, continue */
      continue;
     if (!CAN_SEE(ch, i))
       continue;
     return (i);
   }

   return (NULL);
 }

>  I made
> basically the same change he did, but in the function
> "is_tell_ok" in act.comm.c, I added a line that said:
>
>  else if (IS_NPC(vict) && GET_LEVEL(ch) < LVL_IMPL)
>    send_to_char("What could you possibly have to say to a mobile?\r\n", ch);

And the bug remains... look:

   > tell mercury hi
   No-one by that name here.

   > tell mistress hi
   What could you possibly have to say to a mobile?

   > gtell Hey! The great mistress is on game, let's kill her!
   You tell the group, 'Hey! The great mistress is on the game, let's
kill her!'

Hugs.
Juliano.

--
----=[ Juliano Ravasi Ferraz ]=----=[ jferraz@linkway.com.br ]=----
     Rayon Eletrônica e Informática Ltda. - Linkway Descalvado

As a matter of fact, no, I don't have a life.