Potion Miscibility

From: russ brown (russelltbrown@netzero.net)
Date: 01/29/01

I apologize if this is a redundant message, I attempted to post
this a few days ago but as far as I can tell it never made it to
the list.

I was thinking of implementing Potion Miscibility on my mud and
just wondered if anyone had ever implemented it or had thoughts
on the subject.

For those that dont know what i am talking about: The 2nd ED.
AD&D dungeon masters guide had rules that if a character drank
a second potion while still under the affects of the first, there was
a random chance that the potions had a bad reaction and did
something strange.

After watching players down upwards up 20 healing potions while
fighting one of tougher mobs on the mud, I began to think that this
might not be such a bad idea.  I was thinking of adding a AFF_FLAG
called POTION_DIGEST and testing for random reactions if a
player quaffed a potion and was already flagged with POTION_DIGEST.
The main reason I havent done this yet is that potions are one of
only two ways to access magic spells open to fighter types on my
mud.

Anyone have any suggestions on why this is a good/bad idea?

Russ Brown

Shop online without a credit card
http://www.rocketcash.com
RocketCash, a NetZero subsidiary