Re: [CODE][Copyover] About ASCII pfiles and copyover

From: Shane P. Lee (tacodog21@yahoo.com)
Date: 03/05/01

Before you "update" code that is clearly under copyright by another
person, it would be a good idea to contact them first, especially if
you plan to release it to the public.
I've already contacted the original author, and am planning to send
him three patches for bpl17: One for stock Circle, one for OasisOLC,
and one for Oasis & ASCII Pfiles.
Since I'm not updating any of of the Oasis or ASCII code, just
modifying
copyover to work with them, I'm not under an obligation (morally) to
contact those authors as well, though I would be more than happy to
if they so wished (since you both will read this email, feel free to
reply personally and I will be happy to send you a copy of my patches
when I send them to Erwin).

Anyways, feel free to go ahead and send Erwin what you have, as it
might be as late as this Saturday before I finally get the time to
finish the last patch.

-FIRE