Re: [AD] WEBPAGE DESIGNER WANTED Anybody! Everybody... Somebody?

From: Da' Kool Cat (Kool_Cat@SoftHome.net)
Date: 03/07/01

At 09:11 PM 3/07/01 -0000, you wrote:
>has some free time on there hands please contact me! I will not be
>able to give cash rewards but im sure you could be rewarded a
>god on the mud which is sure to become huge!

  What are people's experiences with giving out imm positions to
non-players who did something for the mud (such as making a webpage, paying
for the server, giving a blo-er..you know)?  The newbie imms don't know how
the mud works, the dos and don'ts, what's accepted, etc.
  Recently our mud was screwed up balance-wise because the guy who was
paying for it didn't know as much as he pretended to when he made "code
changes", among other things which I won't get into here.  Currently we're
being hosted by a long-time respected player, and everything is moving
smooth (but slowly, long story ;).

  Anyway, are newbie imms a good thing?  Have you found that players make
better imms, or do you end up with cheaters and a lazy staff?

-DarkHour
http://hobbiton.org/~darkhour
ICQ: 352500