Re: Executed programs appending to syslog.

From: Shane P. Lee (tacodog21@yahoo.com)
Date: 03/09/01

> Why do you want to run it nohup anyways?  It has nothing to do with
> where the output of the program goes.

I didn't know that. I don't know a lot of things, actually :P

> Then do...
>
> sprintf(buf, "nohup %s %s %s>/dev/null&", PRGM, FLAG, COMS);
>
> You will still see messages which the program sends to stderr in the
> syslog, if you want to get rid of those do...
>
> sprintf(buf, "nohup %s %s %s&>/dev/null&", PRGM, FLAG, COMS);

I'll try it, thanks!

> Hrmmm, that's interesting, sounds like some kind of strange
> windblows/*nix clash.
>
> What is this program anyways?

Top-secret. If I told you, I'd have to kill you.

j/k, it's a small tintin bot that connects to the MUD. After I get
a Mass/Neotek robot re-written to CircleMUD, I plan to use the code
to activate it instead. If you can think of a "better" way of doing
this, please let me know.

I didn't include the program info because I only wanted comments about
the code, not the bot. Now I'll accept comments about the bot:P

-FIRE

=====
I wonder if we could coax the hole on the ozone layer to move over
Iraq long enough to give Hussein skin cancer?