Re: Executed programs appending to syslog.

From: Shane P. Lee (tacodog21@yahoo.com)
Date: 03/09/01

> In that case you'll probably not want to run it with nohup.  Without
> nohup the bot _might_ die when the mud shuts down (crashes, reboots,
> etc).  With nohup, it definately won't unless you provide it some
> other means of determining when to die off (does it die when it
> looses the connection to the MUD?).

Yes, it does. Funny thing is, I didn't even need a script for
that, because tintin++ v1.7 has a bug (at least mine does) that
causes it to crash when the current session dies.

I'm on the lookout for a better Linux telnet (free of course) that
has tintin scripting capabilities. I really like MudMaster's
#event command. This makes 'boting much more realistic. Any
suggestions?
Anyone? (Not you Caniffe! :P)

-FIRE

p.s. Man, this Mass/Neotek 'bot for TinyMUSH is terribly hard to
"Circlelify". Anyone done it before? Wanna share some tips maybe?

=====
You know you've landed gear-up when it takes full power to taxi.