[NEWBIE] I need some help using Cygwin.

From: KILLER APS (killer_aps@hotmail.com)
Date: 03/12/01

<Newbie>
I have a big problem compiling Circlemud under Cygwin and I don't know how
to do it right. I followed the directions on the Readme.cygwin and I did
what I was supposed to do step by step. Download and fully install Cygwin
into your computer which I did. Next it says to do this:

2) Again, if you haven't already done so, mount the directory containing the
bulk of the executable Cygwin programs, C:\Cygnus\B20\H-i586-cygwin\bin by
default, as /bin, by typing

          mount C:\Cygnus\B20\H-i586-cygwin\bin /bin

from a DOS prompt (NOT the bash shell).  You can check this by running
"mount" without any parameters, and checking for an entry for /bin.  Also,
make certain that the DOS path contains all of the correct backslashes.

I went to my DOS Prompt and I typed this on my C:\WINDOWS prompt:

          mount C:\Cygnus\B20\H-i586-cygwin\bin /bin

But it just said bad command or filename, so I typed cd C:\ and I typed it
on my C:\ Prompt but nothing happend either and it just said bad command or
filename. Please help me solve this problem. Am I missing something to get
it working? My Bash Shell works fine after I installed. What do I do to get
Circlemudbpl17 up and running? Well I hope you all can help me.

-TrooperX