Re: disguise

From: Mysidia (jmhess@i-55.com)
Date: 03/18/01

On Sun, 18 Mar 2001, Edward Felch wrote:

> I think I know where to go off of Mysidia's idea, I didn't want a disguise
> field because I thought i'd need a lot of if checks, but if i changed
> GET_NAME to something to check to see if the disguised name exists and
> return that if it does or otherwise return normal name... right? ;)

   Well.. there is a way you could get GET_NAME to do that...

#define GET_NAME(ch) (*some_function(ch))

where some_function returns datatype const char **.

 ie: &ch->player.name

But you don't want to do that, you'd need many checks to do it that way.

with a DISGUISE field you should need only a few special checks of the
field.

1. the PERS() macro
2. get_char_vis
3. (possibly) who and where
4. any code that doesn't properly call the PERS() macro when
   displaying the name of a player; if it's unmodified stock,
   then the only thing I remember that particularly has this
   problem is the 'summon' spell

-Mysid