Re: [WORLD] Help with shops

From: Josh Allen (zacjosh@NETZERO.NET)
Date: 03/20/01

I found out something strange. On my MUD I tried some stuff. The following
is what I did and the output I got.

18H 1317M 259V > list
Currently, there is nothing for sale.

18H 1317M 259V > l black
A boy has arrived.

18H 1317M 259V > smith
A blacksmith is busy by the hot burner making some sort of weapon.
A blacksmith is bleeding awfully from big wounds.

A blacksmith is using:
<wielded>            a sword

You attempt to peek at his inventory:
a sword
a chest plate

18H 1317M 259V > buy sword
A blacksmith tells you, 'We are out of that item right now.'

18H 1317M 259V > l blacksmith
A blacksmith is busy by the hot burner making some sort of weapon.
A blacksmith is bleeding awfully from big wounds.

A blacksmith is using:
<wielded>            a sword

You attempt to peek at his inventory:
a chest plate

18H 1317M 259V > buy chest
A blacksmith tells you, 'We are out of that item right now.'

18H 1317M 259V > list
Currently, there is nothing for sale.

18H 1317M 259V > l blacksmith
A blacksmith is busy by the hot burner making some sort of weapon.
A blacksmith is bleeding awfully from big wounds.

A blacksmith is using:
<wielded>            a sword

You attempt to peek at his inventory:
You can't see anything.

18H 1317M 259V >

First I tried the list. Didn't work, big suprise. He He.
Then I looked at the shopkeeper and saw his inventory. It contained the
weapons that should be sold. I tried "buy sword", didn't work, just as I
expected. Then I looked at the shopkeeper again. The sword is not there!
Then I tried the same thing with the chest plate. The same thing happened! I
tried list again, didn't work again. So where did his inventory go?

Josh