Re: Blast, I'm stuck :( RHP

From: Arthur Sheffield (Arthur32865@aol.com)
Date: 03/24/01

In a message dated 3/24/01 11:36:52 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
captain_trek@yahoo.com writes:
> I'm having problems getting Circlemud to even
> compile... I've done it, once, before on the same
> machine, I have no idea why it wont this time.
> I can configure it ect but when I goto make...I get
> the following error
>
> falcovmu@cx599771-a:~/mud/circle30bpl11/src > make
> make ../bin/circle
> make[1]: Entering directory
> `/home/falcovmu/mud/circle30bpl11/src'
> gcc -c -g -O -Wall -fno-strict-prototypes  comm.c
> In file included from comm.c:14:
> sysdep.h:207: conflicting types for `random'
> /usr/include/stdlib.h:346: previous declaration of
> `random'

Here this is telling you that your libarys have already have random defined,
in /usr/include/stdlib.h line 346.
if you want to use the define that circle is using then you have to go there
and redefine it to match the way you have it in sysdep.h  OR
look at that file and redefine your random in sysdep.h to match the way you
have it in your stdlib.h file.

comm.c: In function `game_loop':

> comm.c:611: warning: suggest explicit braces to avoid
> ambiguous `else'
> make[1]: *** [comm.o] Error 1
> make[1]: Leaving directory

Some compliers give warnings for some if / else statments, espeslly when you
do
something like this:

if (PLR_FLAGGED(ch, PLR_SOMETHING)
  do something;
  if (check some thing)
     do something;
else
  do this;
the error message is telling you to put in the braces { }
so its for sure about which if statment the else is for.  for ex

if (PLR_FLAGGED(ch, PLR_SOMETHING) {
 do something;
 if (check some thing)
    do something;
} else
 do this;

making the else statement belong to the first if statment

Hope that helps...

`/home/falcovmu/mud/circle30bpl11/src'