[OFF-TOPIC] My AFJ on another MUD-related list...

From: Jeremy (thurgood@goshawk.is.und.ac.za)
Date: 04/02/01

<obCircleish>
What happened to the people who were going to write an AI-based version of
CircleMUD?  I'd be interested to hear about any progress
</obCircleish>

We had a good laugh about this one...

On Sun, 1 Apr 2001, Ian Stewart wrote:
> Hi :)
>
> I'm new and I don't know what you have been
> discussing, but I have one idea.

<snip>

For those who have just joined the list, this is what we have decided so
far:

We are going to implement the mud on the spare hardware I have lying
around at home, namely a Commodore 64 with a tape drive and a 300bps
acoustic modem.  Since we don't have a network, the mud will be limited to
one player at a time.

The programming language will be C64 ROMBASIC and in the interests of
attracting a universal player base, the primary language of the mud will
be the universal language esperanto.

Due to the limitations of the hardware used, all mobs will be controlled
by an operator sitting at the C64 console in my bedroom - we will take
turns doing this.  The artificial intelligence will be strictly
*artificial* AI. :)

-J

PS - for those who haven't caught on yet, look at the date in the
header... =8o)