Re: [code][idea]Conveyor rooms (ski hill)

From: Jason Beeland (jbeeland@bellsouth.net)
Date: 04/06/01

> Hi all.  I am playing around with an idea I have for room conveyors.  A
> Conveyor is a room that pushes all of the players in it out to a
> predetermined location at a predetermined interval.

This would be very easily done with a room-trigger in dgscripts.
You might look into that package for making complex world
creations like this.  My latest addition was a self-randomizing
maze.  It randomly changes the exits within the block of vnums
every 30 seconds or so, so the players MUST wander their way
out.  This was done in this case to make the area less "flee-killable"
amongst other things.  (like the mechanical minotaur in this maze
who is aggressive and hunts :P )  Lets just say that when the mob
knows its way around and is hunting you... and you are wandering...
Well, it'll be rather deadly if you can't finish him off.  :P

Anyhow, I digress.  DGScripts would be able to do this fairly
easily, amongst many other things.

-Jason Beeland, aka Veritus Silverun