Re: [SYSTEM-Netware] NLM?

From: Scott (scottw@brainerd.net)
Date: 04/11/01

George Greer wrote:
>I'm doing an unrelated Novell Netware project so I could technically take
>the source code and (try to) port it to Netware.  The only question
>is...why?

Well I do not know Linux, do not care for Windows a whole lot, and I love
Netware.  I am a CNA and deal with Novell software quite a bit.  Those bits
of information and the fact that I am running a Netware server and I really
like the Circlemud codebase and the people developing it are the reason I
was curious about a Netware port.  I thought it would be something fun to
play with.

>Most of the Novell servers at Miami University fall over at the drop of
>the hat.

Hmm, doesn't seem very common for a properly run Netware server.  Maybe just
my own experience with Netware though.

>Given most MUD stability during testing you'd have to reboot the server
>quite a bit.  I even manage to kill servers using the protected memory
>model.

Yes that is true and would suck to do, but might be worth it.

Let me know, er the list know if you do try any port to Netware.  I am
probably the only insane person here that is interested in this but oh
well.(probably not worth your time George since your time could be better
spent on something else)

-Scott