Help with formula for consider command

From: Del (caminturn@earthlink.net)
Date: 04/20/01

I have been playing around with the consider command and come across
a small problem that I can not seem to get the right formula/equation
to calculate the average chance to hit.

Stock code uses this (below) to calculate a miss:
  if ((((diceroll < 20) && AWAKE(victim)) &&
       ((diceroll == 1) || ((calc_thaco - diceroll) > victim_ac)))) {

Has anyone turned the thaco - diceroll > victim_ac into a formula?
Or is there anyone out there with better math logic that can turn
this into something like percent_chance = thaco .. ave_dice_roll .. victim_ac??

Taking into account, thaco range, hitroll range, ac range, etc??