Re: Raise dead

From: Daniel A. Koepke (dkoepke@circlemud.org)
Date: 05/31/01

On Thu, 31 May 2001, Michael Gallagher wrote:

> There may of course be a problem with this since IDnum's are stored as
> "long" and the values stored as "int".

On 64-bit and 16-bit architectures, they may be different.  On every
32-bit platform I know of, int and long are both 32b.  The values for
objects probably should be longs.  We can't change it in CircleMUD because
it'd break binary rent files.  You can if you don't mind purging your rent
files (or, perhaps more importantly, if your players don't mind you
purging the rent files).

-dak